St. Phillip's parish in Hope
As of the October 16th pastoral council meeting, we will be buying new music hymnals. The purpose is to replace the 2015 Breaking Bread books - which would also supplement the missalettes that we will continue to use.
November 13th at 7:00pm will be a card game evening at the Catholic Hall.
November 29th at 6:30pm will be a holy hour in the church.
December 20th at 6:00pm will be a Mass of Healing followed by a reception. Bishop Vincke will be here and will have time to meet any parishioners who are able to attend the Mass and the reception.
St. John's Parish in Herington
Recent accomplishments from an administrative standpoint:
- As of late June, we have a rough draft of the proposed plan of the altar, flooring, and painting project. The Art and Environment committee continues to envision the best way to proceed in hopes that we will be in position to move forward on this sometime in the next year or year and a half.
- June and early July: The lights and ceiling tiles in the Parish Hall have been replaced.
- August: the concrete on the front steps and the ramp has been repaired and refinished. The WiFi works better in the parish hall. There now is video/audio capacity in the parish hall in the event that there is an overflow of people in the church.
- The light bulbs in the main part of the church have been replaced with LED bulbs. That and your presence there is why it is brighter in the church.
- The church cornerstone has been refinished and returned to the church. We had a prayer service and a potluck lunch on September 1st.
- A new confessional door was installed; this allows the confessional to be more sound proof.
What to be aware of in the near future:
- The railings will be repaired at the areas where they are missing. The railings will be repainted sometime this fall.
- We plan to decide the best option and the best path in proceeding on the altar/flooring/painting project.