Becoming Catholic (RCIA)
Program designed for non-Catholic adults to learn more about the Catholic religion as they discern if God is calling them to become Catholics. Also designed for adult Catholics to prepare for receiving Confirmation.
2 small groups:
- Saturday mornings every 2 or 3 weeks. 10:00-11:00am at the rectory in Herington. Talk to Fr. Peter if you want to join or if you have questions. For exact dates of RCIA sessions, see calendar on the website or in the bulletin.
- Wednesday evenings every 2 weeks. 6:00-7:30pm at 2126 Highway 4 between Herington and Hope. Judy Zimmer is the leader and Fr. Peter will be present at the beginning of most of the sessions. For exact dates of RCIA sessions, see calendar on the website or in the bulletin.
In addition to Mass, RCIA, radio show, adoration, and the Lenten parish mission, the next series is:
Bible Study with Fr. Peter: 3 Sundays this fall.
- When: October 28th, November 11th, November 18th. 7:00-8:00pm.
- Where: parish hall at St. John's in Herington.
- What specifically: we will study the Eucharistic Prayers that are used at Mass.
All adults are encouraged to look for opportunities to join a small group to study Scripture and to participate in events that build community.
Below are the forms that you need to complete for your child(ren) to participate in our Religious Education Program for the 2018-2019 school year. You will need to complete one (1) registration form and parent volunteer form per family. Each child will need a responsibilities form and medical form.
The Catholic Youth Organization promotes community and formation among high school students of our parishes. Our group hosts an annual breakfast, Sweetheart Dinner, and Mother's Day Dinner. We serve donuts, juice, and coffee the first Sunday of the month in Herington after 10:30 mass.
The girls serve up some tasty food at the Mother's Day Dinner.
Serving up breakfast. YUM!
Still smiling after our Sweetheart Dinner.